Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Yeah! - My Book was Accepted!

Here is a fun “diversion” that I found at Amanda’s The ramblings of a hopeful artist. (Click here to see her original post.) Thanks Amanda! For the original post for this meme at 100 Scope Notes and more titles of the same blogger generated YA title covers... they are incredible, click the title of this blog and post your debute there too.

If you follow the directions you too can create a random book cover, with a generated title, and fake author. I had a blast, even though my random book name was a bit odd, the pic for the title had no person associated with it, and the author’s name is a bit off. I did not cheat even though I was tempted too. I suppose it does have an English feel to it. JD (my British husband) said mollycoddle means to over indulge so as a love story its appropriate…… lol.

Here it is:

mollycoddle

Now its your turn: CREATE YOUR DEBUT YA COVER

1 – Go to “Fake Name Generator” or click http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/

The name that appears is your author name.

2 – Go to “Random Word Generator” or click http://www.websitestyle.com/parser/randomword.shtml

The word listed under “Random Verb” is your title.

3 – Go to “FlickrCC” or click http://flickrcc.bluemountains.net/index.php

Type your title into the search box. The first photo that contains a person is your cover.

4 – Use Photoshop, Picnik, or similar to put it all together. Be sure to crop and/or zoom in.

5 – Post it to your site along with this text.

This was great fun and if you decide to do one yourself let me know, although I believe I am subscribed to all my readers. I would love to see yours. I totally love stuff like this!

8 comments:

Amanda said...

I like it. I like that you added "a love story" under it. I can just see that on a book. I'm going to link to it on my post. :)

Unknown said...

Amanda.....Excellent I should have done that. It was a lot of fun.

Keri said...

That is a fun idea! I'll have to play around with it later tonight.

Unknown said...

Keri - I would love to see yours. The others linked on Amanda's site are hilarious and very cute.

Kerri said...

I can't believe you got Mollycoddle for a Verb. That is just too funny. The debut of 'Crumple' is now up on my blog.

Unknown said...

Lol... yours is as mine is only more so...Keri.

Natalie W said...

That was fun!
Here's mine
http://thebookinn.blogspot.com/2009/07/my-book-cover-that-was-fun.html
Not as good as yours!!
Natalie :0)

Unknown said...

Natalie... I like yours its great. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...